Tyaan had a swim invitational at Ontario High School last Saturday. There were several schools there and it was quite an event. They were running 2 pools, JV in one and Varsity in the other. We were there from 8:30 am (It started at 9am) until about 2pm. She was supposed to swim in the 1st event and the last event so we were there pretty much the entire time. It was supposed to be a really cold day, but it didn't turn out so bad. It was cool but sunny. When the sun was shining we were okay, but when the clouds covered it it got a bit chilly. The wind was picking up when we left so I think we got out just in time. She only swam 3 of her 4 events because 2 of the girls in her 4x50 medley didn't make it to the pool on time so they missed the first event. Here is video from 2 of her 3 events she swam.
She swam the 200 freestyle. I get a time of 2:32 from the video, but the officials clocked her at 2:35 which isn't as good as she was hoping for. Keep in mind this was her 3rd meet of the week, so everyone was pretty burned out. I almost didn't post this video since it's a couple minutes long and I've put it up before, but this is a pretty good angle to view it from. You can see her flip turns really well which she has been working on.
Her 2nd event was the 100fly. Her time was 1:17, so she tied with her best time. She finished 11th out of 25 varsity girls. I was really impressed considering how worn out she was. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of when league starts in a few weeks.
She also swam the 4x100 freestyle relay and did FANTASTIC! Her split was 1:09 which was the fastest of all 4 girls. This was the A team. On our way out her coach told her she did great and said she's going to have to swim it from now on. That makes me happy since I get to see her swim more!
2 comments:
way to go tyaan!!!
Great job Tyaan. Your Mom still hasn't sent me a roundtrip ticket to see your sporting talents first hand. And to think I took her to San Francisco!! (It was worth it!)
Post a Comment