Wednesday, August 27, 2008

She's a Senior


Tyaan started her senior year of high school this week.

Yes, that's right. She's a senior already. I can't believe it. This is a picture of her as she was leaving on the first day.

She has a pretty heavy load of classes. She's taking 2 AP classes (english and government), her 2nd year of sign language, chemistry, and algebra 2. She's also still in 6th period swim.

Cross country practices every day after school. It's been high 90's here all week, Monday actually went just over 100 I think, and she's out there running. And she'll still be swimming every day as well, except on days she has a cc meet.

She's also been asked to serve on SYC again this year. (Stake youth council) And, seminary starts next week. (this is early morning seminary - for all of you Utah residents)

So, she's going to be a busy girl this school year. On top of that it's time to start the college decision and application process. I'm hoping to keep her home and going to a local JC for the next couple years, but I want her to have several options. Especially with how athletic she is. It would be nice for her to be able to attend a school where she could continue to be involved in one of the sports she enjoys. And she seems to be interested in going to one of the Church schools, so we'll see where the year takes us.

No comments: