Tyaan's cross country team had a run yesterday to place varsity and jr. varsity runners since their first meet is this week. She made the varsity team. We weren't really surprised she had, but we were happy.
She got her uniform and is ready to run Thursday. It's a league meet and it's some sort of relay which is something new. From what I understand it will still be a 3 mile course but will be split between 2 runners on a team that will each run a half mile and a mile stretch. So I think one will be running, pass a baton to the other, then get it back for their second run, and pass back to the other girl for their second and last run. So they will each run 1.5 miles but in two increments. We'll see how it actually turns out, but it should be fun. And as a league meet there will be runners from all of the schools in their league. There's probably 5 or 6 schools so there will be quite a few. It will be a good start to the season because they will see all of their competition and where they are at as individuals and as a team.
I'm looking forward to it. It's been months since I've gotten to see her compete at something!!
No comments:
Post a Comment