My work always has a Halloween activity where they give out prizes for costumes and pumpkin carving and guessing how many candies are in a jar etc. This year they put together a relay race for teams of 4 and I got recruited to be on a team...
First there was a list of Halloween movie titles that had to be unscrambled. I was chosen to do this part of the race. I flew through this list! It was pretty easy, but I still beat everyone else by quite a bit of time.

The second leg of the relay was juggling. A person had to juggle while walking in and out of the cones.

The third leg was a 3-legged race. They had to tie their legs together and run through the cones.

And finally the fourth, and last, leg was a race to eat 4 Twizzlers. I got to do this as well. It didn't sound so bad, although I don't particularly like Twizzlers, but they turned out to be the big multi-colored ones that taste nasty! We had to eat 4 of them without using our hands. It's harder than it sounds. It took several minutes, and as you can see there was a crowd watching. It was fun though, and our team won 1st place!


The best part is each of us won $100 for finishing first. We knew we were competing for $100 but all thought it was for the team so we'd each get $25. But all 4 of us got $100. Not bad for an afternoon break! I still don't like Twizzlers though.
1 comment:
Great job Niki, I would have you on my Relay Team any day! Look that can help you pay for the Disneyland pass!
Post a Comment