Monday, February 16, 2009

Phantom of the Opera

For Christmas my mom gave Tyaan and I a ticket to see Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. I have always wanted to see it and have never had the opportunity so it was a great gift! We went on February 16th.

Here we are ready to head out.

It had been raining for a few days and I was worried about traffic on the way out there, but it stayed clear for the entire night and we didn't hit any traffic at all! We took my Phantom CD for the drive and were all ready to see the play after listening to it. Here is the theater all lit up before the show started.

A quick picture of the stage during intermission. You can see the chandelier, which becomes part of the show a couple of times. This is taken from our seats. We were in the 3rd row in the center balcony. They were perfect!


Here we are coming out of the theater. I loved it and was thrilled with how well the actors did. The guy who played the Phantom was fantastic, but they were all really really good.


I was so excited to finally get to see it and it met all of my expectations. I loved seeing how they did the show on stage and I'm always fascinated with how they keep the stage changing and show such a range of scenery and situations in a small area. Tyaan was laughing at me just before it started because I was so excited. She said I was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

I loved it! Thanks mom!!!

No comments: