
On April 25th we went to the San Diego Temple and had Tyaan sealed to us. It was a very special occasion and was just as wonderful as I had hoped it would be. We had a lot of family travel to be able to attend the temple with us and many friends make the drive to San Diego and back that day as well. It was wonderful to be surrounded by people we love, and people who love Tyaan in a place that is so special.
The three of us made the drive down together because we had to be there earlier than everyone else. It was a nice drive without any traffic and great weather. As you can see in the pictures the day was as gorgeous as possible. (Those who were at my wedding will know how much I appreciated that)
Here is Tyaan just before going inside. She was really excited and had been anxious to be able to do this for a long time.
The experience was wonderful, one of my favorite days ever. Afterwards we took pictures in front of this gorgeous building with those who stayed to visit with us. Some people weren't able to stay for pictures because of the 2 hour drive back home.
Here is The Don Haslam family: Amanda, Niki, Tyaan, Jon, Don, Susan, Jennifer, Melissa & Scott.
Here is the Boyd Anderson family (my mom's family): Terry, Rolayne, Boyd, Alice, Darran, Niki, Tyaan, Jon, Darci, & Lisa
Jon & Tyaan
Some of those that were able to be with us during the sealing.

Tyaan

Darran, Grandpa Boyd, Tyaan and Jon

Lisa, Terry, Rolayne, Niki (back) Grandma Alice, Tyaan & Darci (front)
That evening my mom had dinner at her house and it was a fun celebration. Our family that was in town from Utah (& Pennsylvania) were all there, and some other friends and family came by. My mom did a great job and put up decorations and put together dinner. My dad got tables set up outside and got Tyaan a really cute cake. It was a great way to celebrate the occasion as well as enjoy everyone's company.Here is Lisa and Christopher (who had just turned a year old)
My Uncle Larry, Grandma Avis, and my dad.
My dad and his brother Larry in front of a painting of my grandfather on his mission
Tyaan & Katie
Tyaan with Megan Meier (Jennifer's youngest)
Tyaan and her cake
My mom with her 4 sisters: Terry, Lisa & Marla (back) Darci & Rolayne (front)
It was such a great weekend. Getting to see so much family that we live so far away from was wonderful. I nearly cry when I think about the effort they made to be with us in the temple. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the blessings my family is able to have because we have it. I'm so blessed to have Jon & Tyaan and know that if we are obedient we will be a family for eternity.
It was a wonderful day.
2 comments:
It was great to hear the details of your sealing and look at the great pictures. I am only sorry that I am not in any of the pictures. I really wish that we could have been there!!! My congratulations and appologies at the same time!
Congrats! I bet that was an awesome day!
Post a Comment