Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another Riding Trip

Jon and I went on a riding trip by ourselves a couple weeks ago. Tyaan decided to stay home since she's injured and can't ride. (Can't blame her for that!) After riding the bikes out on the dry lake bed I was looking forward to trying it on the trails and dirt. We tried a new place this time that neither of us had been to but is popular. It's much closer to our house than where we had gone before which was great. We got there in an hour and were home in the early afternoon. We didn't have to pack lunch or anything because it's close to home so it was easy to get out of the house and on the road in the morning. And I was home early enough to get errands run and some housework done. That's a good day in my book!

Here I am in my borrowed gear. (I don't have a bike yet so I don't have my own gear) It is my helmet though!


Here is Jon getting us ready to go. It is nice to have a husband who's strong enough to move the bikes around and into and out of the back of the truck. I also learned that it's great to have a husband to kick start the motorcycle when I can't do it and have stalled it...again. :-)

We had a lot of fun. Well, Jon says he had fun but he had to go pretty slow to stay with me. I took a pretty good spill when we hit a patch of rocks. I went down, and it hurt, but I wasn't injured too badly. I scraped up my elbow and smacked my side and leg on the rocks so I got some pretty bruises several days later. I was just happy I didn't ruin my jeans. I put a hole in Tyaan's shirt though, which is a bummer. And I scratched up her bike, but she forgave me. Of course that's the first thing Jon told Ty when we got home (I don't think I was even out of the truck yet) and the 2 of them told EVERYONE! My ribs still ache where I landed and it's been 2 weeks! It was fun though and I'm looking forward to going out again. We might go this Saturday if it doesn't get too busy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That is it...Aunt Lisa says, "No more bikes young lady...." I mean it. Be careful, I can't find another Niki. Glad you had fun though.

Ty said...

Aunt Lisa SHE RIPPED MY SHIRT!!!!
:(!!

haha its cool though i miss you and love you