Friday, January 23, 2009

Riding Trip

On January 3rd we went out riding so we could get Tyaan on her new dirt bike. We went to a dry lake bed outside of Barstow which is a couple hour drive from our house.


Tyaan got to ride her bike, and I took a turn on it as well. It's a fun bike! I hadn't ever been on a dirt bike before, and hadn't ridden a street bike in several years but I didn't have any trouble. I even felt brave enough to get on Jon's bike afterwards which is a little too big and too powerful for me, but on the dry lake bed it was SO much fun! At one point I looked down and was going 74 mph.

Here is Jon on his bike. How do you like the numbers he gave it? He says the bike doesn't run on gas, it runs on fury. He really likes his bike...


Unfortunately the day didn't last long enough. After a few hours Tyaan decided to try riding a quad that some friends of ours had brought and she flipped it over. She broke her collar bone and we jumped in the cars and made the drive home and to the emergency room. We spent most of the day there.

So, her waterpolo days are over (in high school at least) and we're all very sad about that...mostly her team and coach because they're missing having her in the water. We're hoping for the best for swim season. She had some pretty high goals for this year and we're hoping this injury doesn't stop her from achieving them. It's going to be a lot of hard work but if anyone can pull it off it's Ty. Hopefully we'll get her in the pool in a couple weeks and working on building that muscle and endurance back up.

Keep her in your prayers! We're looking for all of the help we can get to have her heal quickly!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hey lady I am sorry to hear about Ty. She has just had the worst luck lately, hasn't she? I hope she heals quickly, it sucks to not be able to do all you want during your Sr year! I know! Tell her, I will keep her in my prayers and for a quick recovery!
Tonya