I accompanied the youth to the Mormon Battalion visitors center in San Diego last weekend. I had never been there and knowing I had ancestors that were involved I had always been interested in seeing it. There's not much there, a short video that tells of the journey and some of the individuals and a few things to look at. We did find the Hatch brothers on the list of members displayed.
1 comment:
Glad you made it to the Memorial. It is pretty cool to see your family name represented!! Do you still have the copy of Orin and Meltair's (sp?) story "Brothers" that was in the Friend years ago? I sent a copy to all the family years ago. I shared the story in Primary last fall and the kids still sometimes talk to me about it. If not, let me know and I will send a copy.
When we were there with Mom and Dad 2 years ago, there was the most beautiful quilt on display just as you walk in. Chris and I are now designing our own version of the "story" quilt. This will take us YEARS to finish but we are having fun.
Anyway, glad you got to go. It is a pretty newat place.
Post a Comment