Tyaan left early yesterday morning for a handcart trek with the youth of our stake. She was really excited to go and hopefully is having a great time. They have been planning and preparing for this for several months and it took place of their youth conference this year. They are walking an unannounced number of miles and are keeping it as close to the actual trek as possible. They all are wearing pioneer-like clothing and are eating pioneer food. They are sleeping out in the open, but did take sleeping bags. It's ending tomorrow and we are going to go have lunch with them as they come in. We will be able to see them finish and then are having a big lunch, which I'm sure they will be ready for.
I miss her, but am glad she is getting to participate in such a fun activity. I know it will be a great lesson and experience to look back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment