Sunday, September 28, 2008

Figure 8's at the racetrack

Jon and I went to the racetrack last Saturday night (9/20) to see a friend race. We used to go ALL of the time, usually every other week for several months, but we haven't been in years. Actually Tyaan moved in about 4 1/2 years ago and she had only been once before, so it had been a while. It was a fun night and I got to see some friends that I don't see very often anymore.

I remember when we first started going I was all excited about seeing a demolition derby because I thought it would be really entertaining. I soon found out that demolition derby's are boring compared to figure 8's. If you haven't seen a figure 8 race before it can be pretty exciting. They did a figure 8 race that night and I got a few minutes of video.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Norm said...

I've seen figure 8s before and it is pretty exciting. It is amazing how well they can (usually) adjust speed enough to avoid impact. I have never seen a t-bone, but saw some bumper and stuff ripped off the cars. Another race that is not as exciting, but more insane is what I think they call a train(or something). Three cars are tied together end to end...The driver with an engine in the front, a junker in the middle and the other diver in the rear car with the brakes. INSANE!