Another water polo season has come to an end. Tyaan's last game was this week. This was their first year with a new coachand number of girls on the team was low. Ty played every Varsity game, and filled in for a few JV games as well. If you don't know anything about water polo (I didn't until Ty started) there are 4 quarters, each7 minutes long. It's a lot of swimming back and forth, and a very brutal game. She's had lots of bruises, scratches, and even a bite mark ortwo! I don't know how these girls last 5 minutes, but we usually had none, or only 1 sub so most girls played every minute of each game. Tyaan became a great defensive player and got a lot more comfortable handling the ball and shooting this year. She was able to score several times and stole the ball quite often, which I always got a kick out of. She's a great swimmer and was always able to out swim the other team. We're sad to see the season end, but are looking forward to the swim season that's coming up! Here are a few more pictures from their last game.
Here is a picture of her after her teammates threw her in the pool
(after getting dressed!)
2 comments:
It is wonderful that you have found something to enjoy so much and that "drives" you to excel and improve yourself. What an adorable girl you are. I LOVE synchronized swimming...has your Mom showed you her talents in synchronized swimming? We used to perform a pretty amazing routine for the family! Niki, you should show her your talent!! Tyaan--get into a synchronized swimming team and Chris and I will do our best to make it to a performance!! Have fun!
I can't do it without you! I need you there as inspiration...
Post a Comment