On 9/15 Tyaan had a cross country meet at their home course. She had a cold making it hard to breathe which led to cramps. She didn't finish as quickly as she would have liked, but she finished. They did win the meet though. Her time was about 25 minutes for the 3 mile course. The goal is 21:45 (I think) to get her varsity letter. I could tell the 3rd mile was hurting her. She had a really great time when she finished the 2nd mile but slowed down and was holding her side for a little while after that. She finished running and looking pretty good although she didn't start sprinting quite as early as she usually does. I was so impressed that she ran in spite of the cold and finished in spite of the pain. She's quite a girl!
I wasn't able to get many pictures because I was helping 'police' a part of the course to make sure they didn't cut one of the corners, but I got a few seconds of video. This is the start of the race and it gives you an idea of how quick they take off. Keep in mind it's a 3 mile course and they try to increase their speed as the miles go by.
1 comment:
Great job Tyaan. Makes me tired and out of wind just reading this!! You are an awesome young woman.
Post a Comment