On 10/16 Tyaan had her 2nd (of 3) league meets at Bonelli park. It was the same course she had run on the previous league meet there so I was better able to get to where she would be running past and keep her updated on where she was time-wise.
Tyaan was already having problems with her shin and had it wrapped up pretty well. At just past the 2 mile mark she turned to go up a hill and I couldn't see her for a few minutes. She had one of her teammates right on her and I didn't want her to get passed but it looked like she was hurting and I was worried she'd have to stop. She had been running SO well at that point but I knew her leg was a problem.
As I moved toward the end of the course, but far enough back that I could cheer her on, I watched and waited until I could see her again. I kind of expected the other Chaffey girl to be ahead of her at that point but soon I saw her coming with the other girl not even close behind her. She had run a fantastic race and ended with a time of 22:35, only 50 seconds off of her letter time. This is a more difficult course than their home course and she beat her best time by 10 seconds. I was so impressed and couldn't stop grinning while she was catching her breath. She was really excited when she found out her time and her coach said that they had all done so well he might hold a time trial on their home course to help them qualify for their letter.
No comments:
Post a Comment